Fax techniques. a) How to send text to a fax machine by email free? b) How to receive free via email a text fax from a fax machine?

Thomas Edelblute TEdelblute at ANAHEIM.NET
Fri Apr 3 14:20:04 EDT 2015

There is also Internet faxing, but I am told that is a slow process.

Thomas Edelblute
Library Technology Systems Administrator
Anaheim Public Library<http://library.anaheim.net/>
Phone: 714-765-1759  Fax: 714-765-1730

From: Web technologies in libraries [mailto:WEB4LIB at LISTSERV.ND.EDU] On Behalf Of Cary Gordon
Sent: Thursday, April 02, 2015 4:11 PM
To: WEB4LIB at LISTSERV.ND.EDU
Subject: Re: [WEB4LIB] Fax techniques. a) How to send text to a fax machine by email free? b) How to receive free via email a text fax from a fax machine?

Since sending and receiving faxes is a service that needs to interact with the phone system, I doubt that you will find one that is totally free. There might be some that are ad-supported, but I have not heard about any.

It would be possible to build your own, however you would either need a modem and phone line or lines, or a connection to a SIP provider. I think that would stretch the free model.

Cary