Fax techniques. a) How to send text to a fax machine by email free? b) How to receive free via email a text fax from a fax machine?

don warner saklad warnersaklad at GMAIL.COM
Thu Apr 2 20:07:30 EDT 2015

On Thu, Apr 2, 2015 at 7:11 PM, Cary Gordon <listuser at chillco.com> wrote:

> Since sending and receiving faxes is a service that needs to interact with
> the phone system

Maybe google voice?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Voice

> , I doubt that you will find one that is totally free. There might be some
> that are ad-supported, but I have not heard about any.
>
> It would be possible to build your own, however you would either need a
> modem and phone line or lines, or a connection to a SIP provider. I think
> that would stretch the free model.
>
> Cary

An enquiry about free mechanisms or free online services for a) sending a
> text fax or b) receiving a text fax.
>
> a) How to send a text fax to a fax machine by email free...
> What free fax mechanisms or free online services are available for sending
> a text to a fax machine by email ?...
>
> b) How to receive free via email a text fax from a fax machine...
> What free fax mechanisms or free online services are available for
> receiving via email a text fax from a fax machine ?...

Web4Lib Web Site: http://web4lib.org/

2015-04-02