CMS Selection

Joanna Crump joannacrump at GMAIL.COM
Tue Sep 23 15:43:34 EDT 2014

Hello all,
I'm a librarian who has just been hired on as a Content Curator for a
software company that compiles training materials (docs, videos,
interactive quizzes, etc.) from different vendors into a single LRS. I'm
tasked with choosing a back-end CMS, and I don't really have direct
experience with anything other than Wordpress or Libguides. The CMS would
also be used for storing business documents and such, so the front-end
would have to be usable for folks in different departments.

Coming from an academic library, I know that requirements for a business
are pretty different. However, I want to bring my library values to the
table by going open source and metadata-rich. While still being
user-friendly. Tall order?

If anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears! Thank you!

Joanna Crump
Content Curator
Compli
Portland, Oregon