Register Now: Outstanding Sessions Offered at November 18th Online Conference on Discovery

Christine Peterson peterson at AMIGOS.ORG
Fri Oct 17 14:27:36 EDT 2014

[conference logo]Discovery Tools Now and in the Future," our November 18 online conference, will take a look at how the experience of adopting a discovery tool has affected specific libraries, show the lessons learned, and provide some insight into where discovery service is headed.

Three concurrent informative sessions are offered throughout the day-long conference.

*         Public and academic libraries will be interested in Eric Larson's "Usability Testing Primo - After the Release Party, There's the After Party."

*         Academic libraries should check out "Developing Best Practices for Implementing a Web-Scale Discovery System" presented by Richard Guajardo, Kelsey Brett, and Frederick Young, or "Behind the Point-and-Click Discovery Tool: Integrating Critical Thinking in Finding Resources" presented by Rob Hallis.

*         Other sessions academic libraries may enjoy are "If We Only Knew Then... Implementing WorldCat Local" presented by Laura K. Wiegand, or Jill Locascio's "Two Birds, One Stone: Using the Implementation of EBSCO Discovery as an Opportunity to Improve Library Website Usability."

Amigos members always can attend our online conferences free of charge as a benefit of membership. Non-members can take advantage of lower pricing. An individual non-member can attend for $89.99, while a group can register for $149.99.

Check out the conference website<http://www.amigos.org/discovery> for session schedules and descriptions.

Web4Lib Web Site: http://web4lib.org/

2014-10-17