Library Community web standards discussion & KPIs for libguides

Bosman, J.M. (Jeroen) j.bosman at UU.NL
Fri Oct 3 01:49:54 EDT 2014

We use a combination of LibGuides own usage metrics, Google Analytics, results from the feedback form that is present in each LibGuides and formal evaluation of courses in which LibGuides are used. By the way: for some types of links in LibGuides you do get statistics on how often they get clicked. Also LibGuides may be developed on request. But then, we use LibGuides in a way that is different from what most institutions do: not for courses or topics, but just for information literacy aspects.

http://libguides.library.uu.nl

Jeroen Bosman
Utrecht University Libary

Op 3 okt. 2014 om 06:11 heeft "Laura Baker" <bakerl at ACU.EDU<mailto:bakerl at ACU.EDU>> het volgende geschreven:

I am not sure our library has a definition of a successful web-based research guide.  Libguides has a way to view statistics on how many times a guide was accessed, but that is not a good comparison across guides.  The count for a  particular subject guide can vary depending on how many classes there are in a subject, how many students, etc., and it does not show how many of the links in the guide are actually clicked.  Sometimes only a small portion of the information in all the links and videos and tabs are actually used by students.  And of course, none of that indicates how helpful the guide ultimately is as opposed to how many simply clicked a link to see what it was.

Most of our online research guides are created by the librarian who is the subject liaison to that area.

Laura Baker