What do you use for your Database Library listing?

Hoyte, Daniel hoyte at CHAPMAN.EDU
Wed Oct 1 13:51:51 EDT 2014

For our database A to Z, we use CUFTS researcher hosted by Simon Fraser University. Our subject liaisons populate libguides to provide subject breakdowns of the databases. Everyone uses the link provided by CUFTSs o that we can have centralized link maintenance.

Daniel Hoyte M.R.S.
Senior Library Systems Technician
Leatherby Libraries, Chapman University
714-532-7745
Skype: daniel.hoyte

Nothing is impossible,
if you have enough adapters.
   -Dr. Walt to incoming class of
      Elecrical Engineering students
      1985

-----Original Message-----
From: Web technologies in libraries [mailto:WEB4LIB at LISTSERV.ND.EDU] On Behalf Of Sue Dentinger
Sent: Tuesday, September 30, 2014 1:59 PM
To: WEB4LIB at LISTSERV.ND.EDU
Subject: [WEB4LIB] What do you use for your Database Library listing?

We have used the open source Xerxes with MetaLib for our Database Library as
well as having Primo and Primo Central. Due to Primo Central, we have stopped
offering metasearching, figuring that for anyone needing more depth or direct
access to a database or service beyond what Primo Central offers, the native
interface is the better option.  So we are dropping MetaLib and need to find
an alternative for our 1200 plus entries in our Database Library.

So the question is what are you using for your Database Library?

I know many sites have moved to Libguides 2.0 for their Database Library
listing, and I've seen some on Serials Solutions or VuFind which would not be
options for us. Are there any others of you using something besides these
listed above that you would care to share about?

Thank you,
--
Sue Dentinger
Library Technology Group