Can the same website look well on a smart phone and on a desktop?

Haitz, Lisa (haitzlm) haitzlm at UCMAIL.UC.EDU
Fri Nov 28 14:22:58 EST 2014

Our website is responsive :
Http://www.libraries.uc.edu

On November 28, 2014, at 11:20 AM, John Fitzgibbon <jfitzgibbon at GALWAYLIBRARY.IE> wrote:

Hi,

We are looking at design ideas for our website. We are hoping to create a site that will look well on small screens such as smart phones and on large screens such as PC monitors.

Can this be done without using two different style sheets? Is it possible to achieve this with a single design? I know that Google looks very well on a smart phone and on a PC monitor, but are there examples of library sites that have achieved this?

I would appreciate any advice.

Regards
John

John Fitzgibbon
Executive Librarian

w: www.galwaylibrary.ie

________________________________

This e-mail message has been scanned for content and cleared by MailMarshal Hosted at Galway County Council

T? an teachtaireacht r?omhphoist seo scan?ilte d??bhar agus glanta ag MailMarshal at? ?st?lta i gComhairle Chontae na Gaillimhe.

Correspondance is welcome in Irish or in English.

T? m?le f?ilte roimh chomhfhreagras i nGaeilge n? i mB?arla.

T? eolas at? pr?obh?ideach agus r?nda sa r?omhphost seo agus aon iat?n a ghabhann leis agus is leis an duine/na daoine sin amh?in a bhfuil siad seolta chucu a bhaineann siad. Mura seola? th?, n?l t? ?daraithe an r?omhphost n? aon iat?n a ghabhann leis a l?amh, a ch?ip?il n? a ?s?id. M? t? an r?omhphost seo faighte agat tr? dhearmad, cuir an seolt?ir ar an eolas thr? aischur r?omhphoist agus scrios ansin ? le do thoil.

This e-mail and any attachment contains information which is private and confidential and is intended for the addressee only. If you are not an addressee, you are not authorised to read, copy or use the e-mail or any attachment. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by return e-mail and then destroy it.

If you need this email in an alternative format please contact the sender

M? t? an r?omhphost seo ag teast?il uait i bhform?id eile d?an teagmh?il leis an duine a sheol chugat ?

Web4Lib Web Site: http://web4lib.org/

2014-11-28