Fantasy digital library job description: content partnerships coordinator

Thomas Edelblute TEdelblute at ANAHEIM.NET
Fri May 23 12:31:19 EDT 2014

Since it is my birthday today, I am going to have some fun with this one.  So here is my first attempt.

Star Fleet Academy is looking for a developer of an open source library that can be shared across the starships throughout the galaxy.  Job requirements include:

Assimilate big data from multiple data sources including, but not limited to, Federation, Vulcan, Klingon and Romulan sources
Organize hackdays into collecting intelligence from the Romulan empire
Digitizing starship documents for distribution to other starships
Develop a user a user interface with voice recognition and natural language processing.

Start with that and feel free to edit.

Thomas Edelblute

From: Web technologies in libraries [mailto:WEB4LIB at LISTSERV.ND.EDU] On Behalf Of Phillips-Bacher, Jennifer
Sent: Friday, May 23, 2014 7:41 AM
To: WEB4LIB at LISTSERV.ND.EDU
Subject: [WEB4LIB] Fantasy digital library job description: content partnerships coordinator

Hello all

It's Friday, so what better time is there to draft a new fantasy job description?

I'd be interested to find out if anyone employs someone in the role of 'content partnerships coordinator' [working title], someone who is responsible for:

- seeking out opportunities to share open library data + digitised content with partner platforms, and managing those relationships
- organising open data events like hackdays, edit-a-thons, and so on
- advocating for an organisation's digitisation + open data programmes to external stakeholders
- coordinating transfer of data from one platform to another (requiring technical skills, understanding of metadata schemas, APIs etc)
- and generally just being the person who gets to have fun going to all the digital library/digital humanities events, meeting interesting people and pushing open data to the broadest possible audience.

Does this sound like anything that exists? I'm putting this out to a few other lists and to Twitter, but I'd welcome any thoughts you might have (besides 'good luck getting approval for that post!').

Best wishes
Jenn

Jenn Phillips-Bacher
Web Editor
Wellcome Library
183 Euston Road
London NW1 2BE, UK
T +44 (0)20 7611 8746
F +44 (0)20 7611 8369
E j.phillips-bacher at wellcome.ac.uk<mailto:j.phillips-bacher at wellcome.ac.uk>
http://wellcomelibrary.org<http://wellcomelibrary.org/>

Until September 2014  the Wellcome Library is undergoing major changes as part of the Wellcome Collection Development Project. We will be open for business, but there will be disruptions to services and some Library areas will be temporarily closed.

If you're planning to visit the Library over the coming months, please check for updates on the Library blog<http://blog.wellcomelibrary.org/label/wellcome-collection-development/> where the most up-to-date information will be posted.

The Library is currently open Tuesday-Saturday.  For full details of our opening hours please check our website<http://wellcomelibrary.org/using-the-library/visiting-the-library/opening-hours/>.

We are a global charitable foundation dedicated to achieving extraordinary improvements in human and animal health. We support the brightest minds in biomedical research and the medical humanities. Our breadth of support includes public engagement, education and the application of research to improve health. We are independent of both political and commercial interests.

The Wellcome Trust is a charity registered in England and Wales, no. 210183. Its sole trustee is The Wellcome Trust Limited, a company registered in England and Wales, no. 2711000 (whose registered office is at 215 Euston Road, London NW1 2BE, UK).

This message has been scanned for viruses by BlackSpider MailControl<http://www.blackspider.com/>

Web4Lib Web Site: http://web4lib.org/

2014-05-23

THIS MESSAGE IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE USE OF THE INDIVIDUAL OR ENTITY TO WHICH IT IS ADDRESSED AND MAY CONTAIN INFORMATION THAT IS PRIVILEGED, CONFIDENTIAL, AND EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE UNDER APPLICABLE LAWS. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, forwarding, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail or telephone, and delete the original message immediately. Thank you.