Laptop Recommendations

Cabus, Michael CabusM at PHILAU.EDU
Thu May 22 10:41:09 EDT 2014

Hi
  Lenovo's are good, but get one that is model T430 or higher; our university uses Lenovo and had an issue with Microsoft programs opening on the model I had, so they had to switch out a lot on campus.

In general, just be sure there are no reported issues with the laptops if you go with Lenovo, they can be hit or miss.

Michael

Systems Librarian, Paul J. Gutman Library
Philadelphia University
Phone. 215.951.5365

From: Web technologies in libraries [mailto:WEB4LIB at LISTSERV.ND.EDU] On Behalf Of Pruntel,Alison
Sent: Thursday, May 22, 2014 9:16 AM
To: WEB4LIB at LISTSERV.ND.EDU
Subject: [WEB4LIB] Laptop Recommendations

*Excuses for cross-posting to multiple lists*

I am looking for recommendations for sturdy laptops we can use for public computer training, staff use offsite and during our summer reading program (we set up stations to specifically allow use for logging books in our summer reader database).

Requirements include Win 7+ OS, MS Office, wireless.

Thanks in advance,

Alison Pruntel
Electronic Resources Librarian
Fauquier County Public Library