How to Avoid Plagiarism for Computer Codes....for students

Paul Poulain paul.poulain at BIBLIBRE.COM
Wed May 21 08:16:34 EDT 2014

Le 21/05/2014 10:10, William Gunn a écrit :
> Joyce, there's no concept of plagiarism in writing software that I'm
> aware of.
>
> Did you mean a different kind of programming code?
Right. From a legal point of view (french laws, but US ones are close
here afaik), there is no plagiarism: if you copy/paste code, it can be a
copyright infringement (except if you use Open Source licenses ;-) ),
not a plagiarism. If you rewrite the code, it's not plagiarism.

HTH
--
Paul POULAIN - BibLibre
http://www.biblibre.com