How to Avoid Plagiarism for Computer Codes....forstudents

Riley Childs riley at TFSGEO.COM
Wed May 21 06:30:28 EDT 2014

+1
Most of the time coding takes bits and pieces, sometimes even entire files! Do you mean citing your sources per se?

Riley Childs
Student
Asst. Head of IT Services
Charlotte United Christian Academy
(704) 497-2086
RileyChilds.net
 Sent from my Windows Phone, please excuse mistakes

-----Original Message-----
From: "William Gunn" <william.gunn at MENDELEY.COM>
Sent: ‎5/‎21/‎2014 4:15 AM
To: "WEB4LIB at LISTSERV.ND.EDU" <WEB4LIB at LISTSERV.ND.EDU>
Subject: Re: [WEB4LIB] How to Avoid Plagiarism for Computer Codes....forstudents

Joyce, there's no concept of plagiarism in writing software that I'm aware of.

Did you mean a different kind of programming code?

--
William Gunn | Head of Academic Outreach, Mendeley | @mrgunn
http://www.mendeley.com/profiles/william-gunn | (650) 614-1749

On Tue, May 20, 2014 at 2:59 PM, Joyce Wong <joyce.wong at langara.bc.ca> wrote:

Hi everyone

Apologies for any duplication.

Does anyone have an online guide on avoiding plagiarism specifically on programming codes for students?  Our Computer Science Department is interested in developing one and I'd rather not re-invent the wheel.
I have already found the page from University Pennsylvania.

Thank you
Joyce

--
Joyce Wong
Coordinator of User Experience
joyce.wong at langara.bc.ca

CONFIDENTIALITY: This e-mail may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are
not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately and delete this email from your system.

Web4Lib Web Site: http://web4lib.org/

2014-05-20

Web4Lib Web Site: http://web4lib.org/

2014-05-21