Site Search Tool

Heather Rayl 23eris at GMAIL.COM
Mon May 12 09:51:52 EDT 2014

Since you all were so helpful to me last week, I thought I'd try again!

We are in the midst of developing a new site, and we are doing it
hand-coded (for a variety of reasons that I will not go into here).

Our old site used an apparently antiquated google script that is no longer
being used/supported.

Google's current free version of its site search leaves something to be
desired in the realm of customization, and my workplace does not like the
idea of purchasing an enterprise search license from Google, since it's
done my number of searches conducted.

Does anyone have a favorite stand-alone website search/crawler that they
love? It doesn't have to be free. We have some budget to purchase.

Many thanks!!

~heather

Web4Lib Web Site: http://web4lib.org/

2014-05-12