Import from Dspace to OJS (Open Journal Systems)

Mark Jordan mjordan at SFU.CA
Thu May 8 06:06:48 EDT 2014

Hi David,

OJS lets you export issues or articles in a relatively simple XML format. As Journal Manager, go to:

http://url.to.your.journa/manager/importexport/plugin/NativeImportExportPlugin

and choose which you want. The format is explained here: http://pkp.sfu.ca/wiki/index.php/Importing_and_Exporting_Data . You or someone else will need to write a script to convert from this XML to the format DSpace uses, explained at https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSDOC4x/Importing+and+Exporting+Items+via+Simple+Archive+Format (exact URL will vary depending on your version of DSpace).

Perhaps someone one the OJS forum or DSpace email list already has a script to do this.

Mark