Getting ISBNs and titles for JSTOR DDA

Klish, Heather J Heather.Klish at TUFTS.EDU
Wed Mar 26 22:04:45 EDT 2014

Stacy,

Are the ISBNs in the column separated by a delimiter?   Have you tried using Excel's Text to Columns wizard?

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel-help/split-names-by-using-the-convert-text-to-columns-wizard-HA010102340.aspx

Feel free to contact me off-list if you need additional help or if the above option doesn't work for you.

Heather
· · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·
Heather Klish
Systems Librarian
University Library Technology Services
heather.klish at tufts.edu
617.627.5853

sent from my phone
-------- Original message --------
From: Stacy Pober
Date:03/26/2014 7:16 PM (GMT-05:00)
To: WEB4LIB at LISTSERV.ND.EDU
Subject: [WEB4LIB] Getting ISBNs and titles for JSTOR DDA

We are trying to set up a JSTOR Demand Driven Acquisition program.  To avoid purchases of items already in our collection, we need to send JSTOR a file of the titles and ISBN numbers of our current collection.

JSTOR requested a spreadsheet file of 245$a and said multiple ISBN numbers were fine, but there should be only one ISBN per column.

We are using PTFS/Liblime Koha, and have not been able to figure out how to get the report of formatted this way. We can get the 245$a field and all the ISBN numbers but in the output report, all of the ISBN numbers are lumped into one field (which translates to one column in spreadsheet form).  I have contacted PTFS/Liblime support and they said they did not think the reports module can produce the report in the format JSTOR is requiring.

Can anyone suggest a way to get the Koha report of concatenated ISBNs to translate into one ISBN per column?

--
Stacy Pober
Information Alchemist

Web4Lib Web Site: http://web4lib.org/