Adding UA account to existing Google Analytics

Jim Gilbert(WTPL) gilbert.j at WHITEHALLPL.ORG
Tue Jul 8 08:40:50 EDT 2014

Thank you all,

We have a handle on what happened. During some redesign work, a former administrator was not removed.
In doing house cleaning, he deleted the account, and my permission to access (per Adwords support).
We thought the account was transferred to myself awhile ago (rather than permission added).

Adwords suggested they MIGHT be able to restore the account, provided the prior administrator calls in the next day or two.
We are working with him to restore with Adwords.

James Gilbert, BS, MLIS
Systems Librarian
Whitehall Township Public Library
3700 Mechanicsville Road
Whitehall, PA 18052
610-432-4339 ext: 203

From: Web technologies in libraries [mailto:WEB4LIB at LISTSERV.ND.EDU] On Behalf Of Cary Gordon
Sent: Monday, July 07, 2014 5:32 PM
To: WEB4LIB at LISTSERV.ND.EDU
Subject: Re: [WEB4LIB] Adding UA account to existing Google Analytics

Someone who has admin (Manage Users) privileges in the GA account needs to add (or re-add) you.

They need to go to the GA <https://www.google.com/analytics/web>, select the account, click the admin tab, then select User Management and add you, giving you the appropriate privileges.

This will be simple, unless:

a) Nobody has admin privileges for the account; or

b) You have moved to Universal Analytics, in which case it will likely still be simple, once you figure it out. Neither we, nor our clients have made that move yet.

Thanks,

Cary