WorldCat Registry

Andrew Welch andrew.welch at DRAKE.EDU
Fri Feb 14 10:22:14 EST 2014

Yes, yes and yes. Our IT department added a significant number of IPs (in a single range) last February, and we're still struggling with vendors not making the change (or making it incorrectly).

Andrew

________________________________
Andrew Welch, MLIS
Librarian for Discovery Services & Technology
Cowles Library | Drake University
2507 University Ave.
Des Moines, IA 50311
p: 515-271-2862 | f: 515-271-3933
http://library.drake.edu/

From: Web technologies in libraries [mailto:WEB4LIB at LISTSERV.ND.EDU] On Behalf Of Ken Varnum
Sent: Friday, February 14, 2014 8:58 AM
To: WEB4LIB at LISTSERV.ND.EDU
Subject: Re: [WEB4LIB] WorldCat Registry

We're facing the need to communicate a significant change to our on-campus IP ranges to thousands of vendors. It's not going to be pretty. While I know this round of changes are going to be manual, I'd love to see vendors take up the OCLC Registry as their preferred (or even optional) source of data.

So -- do other libraries have the same pain point and need?

Ken

--
Ken Varnum | Web Systems Manager | MLibrary - University of Michigan - Ann Arbor
varnum at umich.edu<mailto:varnum at umich.edu> | @varnum | http://www.lib.umich.edu/users/varnum | 734-615-3287