Reminder: Makerspaces in libraries survey

Burke, John burkejj at MIAMIOH.EDU
Tue Oct 15 15:51:58 EDT 2013

(Please pardon repeated posts).

My thanks to everyone who has responded to the survey so far.  I am still
eager to hear about libraries of all types that have implemented or are
planning to implement makerspaces or "making" activities.  Please respond
to the survey linked below before October 22.  Thank you so much!

John

John J. Burke, MSLS

Director, Gardner-Harvey Library

Miami University Middletown

burkejj at miamioh.edu

513-727-3293

http://www.users.miamioh.edu/burkejj

Text your questions to 513-273-5360

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Burke, John <burkejj at miamioh.edu>
Date: Tue, Oct 8, 2013 at 11:02 AM
Subject: Makerspaces in libraries survey
To: "Burke, John J." <burkejj at miamioh.edu>

For a book that I am writing on makerspaces in libraries, I am curious to
learn more about libraries that have a makerspace, fab lab, or hackerspace.
 These spaces are areas in a library where patrons can use tools and
equipment to imagine, design, build, and create all sorts of different
things.

I'm trying to get a sense of what types of making are happening in various
library settings.  If you have a makerspace or are planning to launch one,
I would appreciate you taking a few minutes to fill out my survey at
http://tinyurl.com/librarymakerspaces

It should take about five minutes to complete (depending on how much you’d
like to share).

The results of the survey will be shared with this list soon after the
survey closes, with a more involved analysis available once the book is
published. I am eager to learn more about makerspace implementations, and
to share that information with you.

Please complete the survey before *October 22*.  Thanks so much for your
participation!

burkejj at miamioh.edu

513-727-3293

http://www.users.miamioh.edu/burkejj