Scanning for $

Jim Gilbert(WTPL) gilbert.j at WHITEHALLPL.ORG
Wed Nov 6 13:31:51 EST 2013

Whitehall Township Public Library recently leased a new copier.
This copier has the ability to scan to USB drive.

The scans are not billed under the contract (only jobs that use consumables are billed as a copy).
With no billing on the scans, we do not charge for patrons to scan to USB drive.

The copier has the ability to scan from 100dpi to over 600dpi.
We have it set to default at 150dpi...
I don't see why I couldn't bump it up to 600dpi for a patron, if they asked.

The size is limited to ledger originals.

~Jim

James Gilbert, BS, MLIS
Systems Librarian
Whitehall Township Public Library
3700 Mechanicsville Road
Whitehall, PA 18052
610-432-4339 ext: 203

From: Web technologies in libraries [mailto:WEB4LIB at LISTSERV.ND.EDU] On Behalf Of Keri Cascio
Sent: Wednesday, November 06, 2013 12:21 PM
To: WEB4LIB at LISTSERV.ND.EDU
Subject: Re: [WEB4LIB] Scanning for $

On Wed, Nov 6, 2013 at 10:59 AM, Wright, Jen <WrightJ at freelibrary.org<mailto:WrightJ at freelibrary.org>> wrote:

Do any of your libraries offer digitization/scanning services to the public for pay?

If so:
What do you charge/scan?
Do you offer preservation/archival quality scans?
Do you have a large format scanner (what kind)?
I assume you're talking about scanning materials from your own collections. If not, please clarify on the list.

The Linda Hall Library has image rights and reproduction services for our materials. You can view our FAQ and pricing from our main imaging page at: http://www.lindahall.org/imagerepro/index.shtml. Our scans are done at publication quality. We have an ATIZ set up with wide angle lenses, and we also have a scan-back camera for oversized originals.

-Keri

--
Keri Cascio
Director, Innovative Technologies and Library Resource Management

kcascio at gmail.com<mailto:kcascio at gmail.com>
816-926-8765<tel:816-926-8765> (work)

Web4Lib Web Site: http://web4lib.org/

2013-11-06