Campus User Authentication System

Munson, Doris dmunson at EWU.EDU
Wed May 29 11:34:52 EDT 2013

We use the university's Active Directory server and EZProxy for authentication. Active Directory is Microsoft's form of LDAP. The university uses Active Directory for almost all services and we were able to setup EZProxy to use it also. Users have only one username and password to remember for most services but they still have to log into each service, so it's not a true single sign on.

Regards,
Doris

Doris Munson
Systems/Reference Librarian
Eastern Washington University
dmunson at ewu.edu
509-359-6395

From: Web technologies in libraries [mailto:WEB4LIB at LISTSERV.ND.EDU] On Behalf Of brandt.lib
Sent: Wednesday, May 29, 2013 8:20 AM
To: WEB4LIB at LISTSERV.ND.EDU
Subject: Re: [WEB4LIB] Campus User Authentication System

Hi,

I'm not quite sure what you are searching exactly for, but it sounds to me as if you are searching for a single sign on service like Shibboleth?
http://shibboleth.net/

Olaf

On 28.05.2013 19:39, Seong Heon Lee wrote:
Hi, colleague,

I am looking for a campus user authentication service (something like NetID) which centrally manage users' access to various campus web services. For example, I want to integrate web services like online course management system (Moodle), library databases (Ezporxy), library online catalog (KOHA), and others.

Our campus provides LDAPS. I am not clear, however, how I can build up a single web interface which comprehensively manage all user access to those different services.

I am looking for a simple, intuitive, and secure method to accomplish this. I will appreciate if you recommend any product, service, companies, and your personal experiences.

Thanks.

--

Seong-heon Lee, M.L.I.S., M.DIV.
Director of Educational Technology and Librarian

Web4Lib Web Site: http://web4lib.org/

2013-05-28

Web4Lib Web Site: http://web4lib.org/

2013-05-29