Two Questions. Wordpress and ebooks.

Steffen Schilke steffen.schilke at GMAIL.COM
Fri May 3 13:42:21 EDT 2013

Hi Jorge,

about your ebook question: what about using a service which takes care of
the conversion and the distribution across various channels like:

http://www.smashwords.com/

You can also use http://calibre-ebook.com/ for the conversion or the
https://code.google.com/p/sigil/  or https://code.google.com/p/epub-tools/ and
e.g. LibreOffice as Editor. People say that Jutoh is a good price tool
http://www.jutoh.com/

Amazon (incl. conversion) you can find at http://kdp.amazon.com

A good article
http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2011/09/29/how-to-make-an-ebook/

Kind regards

sws

On Fri, May 3, 2013 at 5:54 AM, Jorge Biquez <jbiquez at icsmx.com> wrote:

> Hello all.
> 2) Some of the teachers of those schools want to donate their time and do
> some books so the schools can try to sell them online. Can you share
> experiences on this? I mean. We know they can use word or any suite office
> and then convert it to PDF but we are looking for something more
> professional. The idea is to help them to do all the process required from
> having the book until publish it on Amazon, Playstore, Apple store and any
> other we can find. We know that maybe is something that will give no money
> at all but with help us at all on what they have to learn. From using the
> correct tools for do the search of the material on the Internet, the tools
> to write it and from that we all learn on what tools to use to publish it,
> create the image of it, maybe it is necessary to register it officially?
> and then do the process to publish it on the market websites. They also
> will use the WP sites to promote the material....

Web4Lib Web Site: http://web4lib.org/

2013-05-03