RES: What do you use for patron scan stations?

Michelangelo M M Viana mviana at PUCRS.BR
Thu Mar 7 15:25:10 EST 2013

Hi,

Here in Brazil some academic libraries adopted a self-service scanner from i2S company: http://www.i2s-digibook.com
Model used is the "e-Scan Agate":
Digitizes books with up to 5cm spine and also plans documents, to the A3++ (520 x 360mm), color, 300dpi, scan in less than half a second.
Real-time images preview and touchscreen commands, 15 inches screen.
Includes software for OCR, image capturing and processing. Do not need use an external computer
Allows several image output destinations such as Email, USB (flash drive / external drive) Network and Web (cloud or ftp) and external printers.

Macrosolution is our local reseller:
http://www.macrosolution.com.br/produto_marca.php?marca=28

Regards,
Michelangelo

Michelangelo Mazzardo Marques Viana | Support and Development
Coordinator of Libraries Systems. Librarian CRB-10/1306
Pontifical Catholic University of Rio Grande do Sul - PUCRS
Ir.  Jose Otao Central Library | Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil
+55(51) 3320.3544 ext. 4371 | mviana at pucrs.br | http://www.pucrs.br/biblioteca