Online Employee Manual?

Wilhelmina Randtke randtke at GMAIL.COM
Wed Jun 5 23:23:42 EDT 2013

I set up an intranet in Drupal.  Pages that pull from the Drupal database
are accessed by logins.  Uploaded files are restricted by ip address, so it
can't hold any confidential information (ie. no lists of ids and passwords
for the ezproxy, nothing with bank account numbers).  A separate user group
and configured ezproxy to only let that group through can get access
tighter, but it's clunky.

I didn't put Open Atrium on the Drupal install, because it's overkill for
my small library,  Do look at that, though.  Set up is straightforward.

I don't know of a popular CMS that will restrict access to files.  Xoda
does this, but it's pretty much a document storage system with nothing else.

Regarding the other person's comment on LibGuides, LibGuides didn't
restrict file access when I was using it.  I haven't used it in about 2
years, but test access to uploaded files, because I think those will be
wide open even if access to the guide is restricted.  It also makes
everything look like boxes.

-Wilhelmina Randtke