OCLC Hosted EZ Proxy and WMS

Morgan A. Brynnan mbrynnan at GMAIL.COM
Wed Jun 5 14:48:49 EDT 2013

Hi,

Anyone out there using OCLC Hosted EZ proxy with WMS? Our IT folks would be
happy to let go of managing our local, in-house EZ Proxy server. OCLC says
their hosted version integrates with Worldshare Management System. The
problem is, I am not even remotely an IT person or systems librarian. Do you
think it would be possible for someone like me, with a limited knowledge of
EZ proxy, to maintain the hosted version? IT will help with the initial
configuration.

If you are using it, do you also use OCLC license manager product? Is this
an easier way to manage the Hosted proxy product, or could I do it without
it?

Any demos you all know of? Everything I am finding on support site just
shows how to configure and manage the local version.

Feel  free to reply offline so as not to cross the product promotion
boundary for the list. I'll be happy to share responses - let me know if
you'd rather I didn't.

Best,

Morgan

Morgan Brynnan

Reference & Instruction Librarian

Butte College (CA), LB 302

530-879-4020 (Office)

530-895-2924 (FAX)

<https://mail.butte.edu/owa/redir.aspx?C=97CkBpGqp0OSPLr9bEo23vrMykOxNdAIHY5
FsOE0QgEzHYmnpdNiRL9gR8BJNTCZ1NC2GzBOCvs.&URL=mailto%3abrynnanmo%40butte.edu
> brynnanmo at butte.edu

How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours. - Wayne Dyer

Morgan Brynnan, MLIS

mbrynnan at gmail.com

530-846-0952 (H) * 530-879-4020 (O)

Web4Lib Web Site: http://web4lib.org/