Public Photocopier

Munson, Doris dmunson at EWU.EDU
Fri Jul 19 13:40:06 EDT 2013

Janet,

Have you thought about replacing the photocopier with a scanner? We have one in place right now that allows patrons to scan to a file, email, or a printer and it's pretty popular. The current one is four years old and needs to be replaced. Newer models are much more user friendly. We're in the process of evaluating a demo from Scannx to see if it will meet our needs.

Regards,
Doris

Doris Munson
Systems/Reference Librarian
Eastern Washington University
dmunson at ewu.edu
509-359-6395

From: Web technologies in libraries [mailto:WEB4LIB at LISTSERV.ND.EDU] On Behalf Of Janet Fine
Sent: Friday, July 19, 2013 6:50 AM
To: WEB4LIB at LISTSERV.ND.EDU
Subject: [WEB4LIB] Public Photocopier

7.19.13

Good morning, everyone,

This is a bit off topic, but this is such a knowledgeable and educated group, I will beg your indulgence:

We are looking to replace our public photocopier with an easy to use reliable stand alone photocopier. We basically need it to be user friendly and make clean legible copies.  Color would be nice, but not required--just the basics in an easy fashion.

We will most likely purchase the copier and not lease.  Any suggestions or recommendations will be greatly appreciated and shared with the group.  Thanks and remember to hydrate--stay cool!

Kind regards, Janet
Janet Fine
Department Head, Circulation and Computer Services
Great Neck Library
159 Bayview Avenue
Great Neck, NY 11023
(516) 466-8055 ext. 205