Survey Results: Technology Skills for Librarians and Library Staff

Burke, John burkejj at MIAMIOH.EDU
Wed Jul 10 17:47:12 EDT 2013

I apologize for my delay in sharing results from a survey that I posted
here back in March 2012.  I am happy to point you toward them at
http://techcompanion.blogspot.com/2013/07/survey-results-technology-skills-for.html

I appreciate everyone who took time to take the survey and I hope that my
results will still be of interest.  I solicited responses to it in part to
give some context to the technologies and technology skills I discuss in my
book, *The Neal-Schuman Library Technology Companion*.  The fourth edition
of the book, with an opening chapter containing the survey results and
further discussion of them, has just come out, and is available from ALA
Neal-Schuman<http://www.alastore.ala.org/detail.aspx?ID=4298&zbrandid=4634&zidType=CH&zid=15657243&zsubscriberId=1026821622&zbdom=http://ala-publishing.informz.net>
.

Please let me know if you have any questions or further thoughts on
technology competencies in general or this survey in particular.  Thank you!

John

John J. Burke, MSLS

Director, Gardner-Harvey Library

Miami University Middletown