Omeka

Cary Gordon listuser at CHILLCO.COM
Sat Jan 5 11:33:40 EST 2013

I resemble that statement.

This begs Drupal's existential identity issue — CMS or development
framework? I agree that telling folks to load up Drupal and crank out
a digital library might be a bit like telling Sisyphus that the big
stone would look great on top of his mountain and he could easily push
it up there. (FWIW, my first exposure to Drupal was in using it as the
front end of a digital library project.)

If folks want a Drupal-based digital library-in-a box, the answer is
to create a community that will work together and build a
distribution. Distributions package the modules and other components
needed to deliver a product. I would be happy to lend my time, and, to
the degree practical, some Cherry Hill time to this, if the demand is
there. I would not, however, want to become involved with the
leadership or governance of that project.

Thanks,

Cary

--
Cary Gordon