Omeka

Roy Tennant roytennant at GMAIL.COM
Fri Jan 4 23:04:56 EST 2013

This is the excellent answer that I wanted to write but didn't have
the chops to do. I have my various beefs with Omeka (mostly having to
do with no thought to workflow and a slavish adherence to Dublin
Core), but Omeka is FAR easier to set up and use for a simple
repository application than Drupal. I've done both, and each have
their strengths and weaknesses. You should also factor in familiarity.
If you're a Cary Gordon and you dream in Drupal, then it might be
easier for you to use Drupal. But if you're coming to this fresh, and
want a simple repository, then I'd choose Omeka over Drupal any day.
Roy