Clearing Session Data in Librarica CASSIE

Pruntel,Alison Alison.Pruntel at FAUQUIERCOUNTY.GOV
Thu Dec 5 09:59:37 EST 2013

***Apologies for cross-posting***

We use Librarica's CASSIE system for PC/print management. One of the features included in the client software is the ability to clear out session data, as well as registry and file clearing. So when the session ends, you can, for example, clear out anything your public access user saved to the desktop (C:\USERS\{library public user login}\DESKTOP). Very handy.

I am testing out just clearing out the entire public access user profile after the session ends (C:\users\{library public user login}, so that I don't have to enter in so many statements (desktop, downloads, etc.). So the library public user profile will get recreated each time they log in via the CASSIE software. Anyone have any warnings/advice about this, i.e., would this negatively impact the hardware, OS, etc., to constantly be deleting/recreating the public profile?

This may be a non-issue, but I thought I'd ask around. While testing this I noticed that if the profile gets corrupted, the newly created one, with a slightly different name (includes the domain) won't clear out the session data for that profile...thus I'd have to keep going into the configuration manager of CASSIE and updating the list of files to clear, using the newly created username. Maybe we instead need to clear out files using the system variable %username%?

If you've gone down this path in CASSIE (already know about DeepFreeze, etc., which is not an option for us at this time), I would appreciate your feedback/advice. I do have this question in to the vendor as well, but always like to hear from end users.

Thanks in advance,

Alison Pruntel
Electronic Resources Librarian
Fauquier County Public Library