Copyright agreements for digital theses and dissertations?

Orange, Danelle Danelle.Orange at UNTHSC.EDU
Wed Dec 4 13:02:47 EST 2013

Jennifer,

Ours is a few years old now, but you're welcome to use it as a jumping off point for your agreement.  It has not been edited substantially, with the exception of our embargo options.

By signing below, I hereby grant to the University of North Texas Health Science Center at Fort Worth and its agents the irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty free license to archive, reproduce, distribute and display, the above described thesis/dissertation in whole or in part in any form including electronic formats now or hereafter known throughout the world for educational, research and scientific purposes during the full term of copyright via digital collections mechanisms maintained or to be maintained by or on behalf of the University of North Texas Health Science Center at Fort Worth. I warrant that I have the right to make the grant described herein to the University of North Texas Health Science Center at Fort Worth, and that I have either obtained permission from the owner(s) of each third party copyrighted matter to be included in my thesis/dissertation, allowing distribution as specified herein, or I have removed all such copyrighted matter that I lack permission to reproduce or distribute. The version of the document I am submitting is the same as that approved by my advisor minus any parts that I lack permission to republish. I agree the above described document may be placed in the University of North Texas Health Science Center at Fort Worth digital archive, with the following status (choose one):

I've not included the embargo options we require, since that is a whole other discussion, but I hope that this helps.

Danelle Orange, MLIS
Digital Projects Librarian
Gibson D. Lewis Library
UNT Health Science Center
3500 Camp Bowie Blvd
Fort Worth, Texas 76107

From: Pullin, Mike
Sent: Wednesday, December 04, 2013 10:56 AM
To: Orange, Danelle
Subject: FW: [WEB4LIB] Copyright agreements for digital theses and dissertations?

Want to answer?

Mike

From: Web technologies in libraries [mailto:WEB4LIB at LISTSERV.ND.EDU] On Behalf Of Jennifer Heise
Sent: Wednesday, December 04, 2013 10:52 AM
To: WEB4LIB at LISTSERV.ND.EDU<mailto:WEB4LIB at LISTSERV.ND.EDU>

Greetings! if you are an academic institution accepting theses and dissertations digitally, can you share with me the copyright agreement your students sign for you to store and reproduce these, and/or the open-access agreement if you provide open access?
We're getting reading to create our own for our ETD project.
Thanks in advance!

--
Jennifer Heise

known in the SCA as Jadwiga Zajaczkowa