WEB4LIB Digest - 2 Dec 2013 to 3 Dec 2013 (#2013-281)

Tonyan, Joel jtonyan at NWACC.EDU
Tue Dec 3 23:20:21 EST 2013

My library recently experienced the same problem with EBSCO emails. The solution was to add the following URLs/IPs to our network firewall: http://support.ebscohost.com/knowledge_base/detail.php?id=966

We contacted our IT department and they fixed the problem.

Joel Tonyan
Systems Librarian
NorthWest Arkansas Community College
From: Web technologies in libraries [WEB4LIB at LISTSERV.ND.EDU] on behalf of WEB4LIB automatic digest system [LISTSERV at LISTSERV.ND.EDU]
Sent: Tuesday, December 03, 2013 10:00 PM
To: WEB4LIB at LISTSERV.ND.EDU
Subject: WEB4LIB Digest - 2 Dec 2013 to 3 Dec 2013 (#2013-281)

Topics of the day:

  1. Issues sending out articles from the EBSCO platform
  2. Fwd: [CODE4LIB] REMINDER: Voting for Code4Lib 2014 Prepared Talks ends
     December 6th

Web4Lib Web Site: http://web4lib.org/

2013-12-03

Date:    Mon, 2 Dec 2013 20:40:37 -0800
From:    Morgan Brynnan <mbrynnan at GMAIL.COM>
Subject: Re: Issues sending out articles from the EBSCO platform

Hi Andrew,

Yes EBSCO is aware of the problem, it just started last Thursday. Oddly, I
cannot send or receive emailed EBSCO articles from our college IPs but can
from my home computer!

Best,

Morgan Brynnan

Butte College