Job Posting: Digital Services Manager (Campbell County, Kentucky)
glen.horton at GMAIL.COM
Thu Aug 29 12:06:12 EDT 2013
*Digital Services Manager *
Campbell County Public Library - Newport, KY
Under the general direction of the Library Director, the Digital Services
Manager performs specialized duites related to various technology-related
tasks within the Library including website design/maintenance, programming
events for internet-based customers, social media presence/monitoring,
staff training in digital applications, and other similar duties. This
position is also primarily responsible for the Library’s computer servers
and network operations including the Library’s Integrated Library System
(ILS). The Digital Services Manager interacts primarily with other staff
members and company vendors. The Digital Services Manager is responsible
for the supervision of the Systems staff to include providing work
schedules, training, conducting performance reviews, hiring, and
disciplining. Determining and adhering to established budgets, tracking of
detailed information, and participation in procedure/policy setting are
required. Duties require supervisory skills, independent judgment, and
The Library expects all employees to observe and develop our core values
of: Motivation, Positive Attitude, Respect for Others, Strong Commitment to
Customer Service, Sense of Humor, Integrity,
Honesty, Tolerance and Flexibility.
- Maintain the Library’s servers and computer network, including the
Library’s Integrated Library System (ILS).
- Support server applications such as the Library’s content management
systems, email, , staff intranet, public computer time management/print
management software, staff webcalendar, and the System’s Department’s
trouble ticketing system.
- Provide ongoing maintenance of the Library’s websites; provide complete
renovation to the
parts of the site according to the Library’s long range plan.
- Organize in-house training exercise annually for library staff.
- Provide online programming through the Library’s website. Support
face-to-face young adult programming in technology through participation in
Teen Tech Week (March).
- Serve on the Library’s Social Media Committee to maintain and monitor the
- Supervise, hire, and train Systems Assistant.
- Complete grant applications for technology-related library initiatives.
- Maintain the Library’s participation in the federal e-rate program,
completing all paperwork in a timely fashion.
- Participate as a member of the Management Team in planning and policy
- Participate in library associations (especially on the regional and state
level) in promoting the use of library technologies.
- Create and maintain an appropriate manual of the department’s operations.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
*EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:*
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, related specialized training, or
extensive experience in
network operation, basic computer repair and advanced troubleshooting
- Master's degree in library science from an ALA accredited library school
- Experience in maintaining servers using Windows and Linux operating
systems. Experience with virtual server environments preferred.
- Experience developing and maintaining web applications using programming
languages and relational databases.
- Experience managing open source applications preferred.
- Certification in server, network, and personal computer software and
hardware is strongly
- Extensive computer experience with standard office software, including
products, email, and internet usage.
- Must be able to meet and maintain Kentucky Department for Libraries and
Archives (KDLA) certification requirements.
- Experience with Structured Query Language (SQL) reporting preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving history. Personal
transportation that can be used for business travel is required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must
be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Individuals may need to sit or stand for extended periods. Manual dexterity
to manipulate library materials required. Ability to communicate orally and
in writing effectively. Work extensive hours at the computer screen.
Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required to
file documents or store materials throughout the work day. Ability to do
repetitive tasks with speed and accuracy. Employee may need to carry, push,
pull, or lift up to 30 pounds. Proper lifting techniques required. Push and
pull fully loaded (50-100 pounds) book trucks. Ability to work under
pressure, coordinating multiple responsibilities simultaneously, and meet
To unsubscribe: http://bit.ly/web4lib
Web4Lib Web Site: http://web4lib.org/
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Web4lib