hosting options and Amazon AWS?

Dan Eveland develand at GMAIL.COM
Mon Aug 12 11:12:55 EDT 2013

Hi. I know I am late to the party. If you are thinking about switching from
Linode, you should read this.
http://remcobron.com/cloud-server-review-and-comparison-amazon-aws-ec2-vs-linode-vs-digitalocean/

I have used Rackspace, Linode and AWS. I was extremely disappointed with
the performance of AWS. I tried everything to make it faster, but gave up.
I assumed it's just me not knowing enough. Now I am not so convinced.

The site I manage is chattlibrary.org and if you click around on that, I
think you will notice it's really fast. My new version will be out next
month and stores covers of books internally in Drupal instead of at an
external provider, so should be much faster.

I have been using memcached with Drupal and I really don't see an AWS
system matching it. I could, however, be wrong.

Dan

2013-08-12