voice recognition software

Jon Gorman jonathan.gorman at GMAIL.COM
Wed Apr 3 09:04:53 EDT 2013

Perhaps finding some mailing lists focused on accessibility software for
students, or perhaps a more general list for libraries (or library tech)?
(lita-l and collib-l comes to mind, perhaps maybe even code4lib).

Most places have some sort of accessibility office, perhaps one of your
member libraries has one that you can talk to?

>From what little experience I have most places have a dedicated workstation
w/ the software like this pre-installed, although it would be pretty cool
to have every workstation w/ a mic or perhaps have headphones for this.
Room dynamics of sound and echoing might come into play and require a bit
of experimentation.

Jon Gorman

On Tue, Apr 2, 2013 at 2:54 PM, Lynn Elliott <lelliott at nwrls.com> wrote:

> We are looking into the possibility of installing voice recognition
> software such Dragon Naturally Speaking on some of the public-use computers.
> ****
>
> Does anyone have experience with this? ****
>
> ** **
>
> I looked in the web4lib archives and there is not much there…****
>
> ** **
>
> Lynn Elliott, MLS ****
>
> Head of Information Services****
>
> Northwest Regional Library System****
>
> lelliott at nwrls.li*b.fl.us* <lelliott at nwrls.lib.fl.us>* *****
>
> (850)522-2104****
>
>  ****
>

> Please Note: Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If
> you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public
> records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead,
> contact this office by phone or in writing. ============================

> Web4Lib Web Site: http://web4lib.org/
>
> 2013-04-02

Web4Lib Web Site: http://web4lib.org/