Auto-Login for PACs

Rick Cromi rcromi at STARKLIBRARY.ORG
Tue Apr 2 12:26:48 EDT 2013

If these are in a Windows domain, use Group Policy Preferences to set the registry keys for AutoAdminLogon, DefaultUsername and DefaultPassword.

Rick Cromi

From: Pruntel,Alison [mailto:Alison.Pruntel at FAUQUIERCOUNTY.GOV]
Sent: Tuesday, April 02, 2013 7:35 AM
To: WEB4LIB at LISTSERV.ND.EDU
Subject: [WEB4LIB] Auto-Login for PACs

***Please excuse for cross-posting***

We will be implementing Deep Freeze on our PACs in the coming months. We will be having the machines reboot in between sessions to ensure that the PCs are truly restored to a clean system. However, we are looking for a way to avoid having staff have to log the machines in each time/in between the sessions. Anyone have an auto-login process in place to address this? I am aware of the "control userpasswords2" utility, which is put in place before freezing the machine, but looking for some advice on how to best do this.

Thanks in advance,

Alison Pruntel
Electronic Resources Librarian
Fauquier County Public Library
11 Winchester Street
Warrenton, VA 20186
540-422-8515
alison dot pruntel at fauquiercounty dot gov

Web4Lib Web Site: http://web4lib.org/

2013-04-02