Digital Textbook Presentations > Belgrade, Serbia > September 2012

McKiernan, Gerard [LIB] gerrymck at IASTATE.EDU
Sat Sep 29 10:46:51 EDT 2012

*** Spoiler Alert > Possible Duplicate Posting ***

Colleagues/

In late September 2012, I also had opportunities to present at various venues in Belgrade, Serbia.

The first was prepared for presentation at 11th Conference New Technologies and Standards: Digitization of National Heritage.  However, due to the cancellation of my flight from Vienna, where I had a long layover on my way from Milan, I was not able to deliver it.

McKiernan, Gerry. “Open Access Textbooks: A Survey of Major Initiatives.” Presentation prepared for XI New Technologies and Standards: Digitization of National Heritage 2012, Faculty of Mathematics, University of Belgrade, Serbia, September 21, 2012.

Fortunately, I was able to re-book my flight to arrive in Belgrade to give a scheduled presentation at the University of Belgrade library.

McKiernan, Gerry. “Digital Textbooks: An Idea Whose Time Has Come.” Presentation given at the University Library "Svetozar Marković", University of Belgrade, Serbia, September 21, 2012.

On Saturday, I visited the Nikola Tesla Museum, and later gave a presentation at the American Corner, a venue co-sponsored by the Embassy of the United States, Serbia.

McKiernan, Gerry. “Digital Textbook Impressions.” Presentation given at the American Corner, Belgrade, Serbia, September 22, 2012.

I wish to thank Adam Sofronijevic Head, Development and System Administration, and Vesna Vuksan, Senior Librarian, Development and System Administration, both of the Book Digitization and Cultural Activities Department, University Library "Svetozar Marković" University of Belgrade, for their kindness and hospitality.

I am most grateful to the Embassy of the United States, Serbia, for their generous support that enabled me to visit Belgrade.

Links to the presentations are available at

[ http://digital-textbooks.blogspot.com/2012/09/digital-textbook-presentations-belgrade.html ]

Regards,

/Gerry

Gerry McKiernan