Digital Textbook Presentations > Parma, Italy > September 2012

McKiernan, Gerard [LIB] gerrymck at IASTATE.EDU
Fri Sep 28 14:52:08 EDT 2012

*** Spoiler Alert > Possible Duplicate Posting ***

Colleagues/

In late September 2012, I had the opportunity to offer a three-hour workshop to students enrolled in the Digital Library Learning (DILL) program at the University of Parma, Italy.

DILL is a two-year international master for elite information professionals to provide them with the skills and competencies to navigate the rapidly evolving world of digital libraries. It is offered in cooperation between Oslo and Akershus University College of Applied Sciences (Norway), Tallinn University (Estonia), and the University of Parma (Italy).

DILL is a Master Programme under the European Union's Erasmus Mundus Programme.

McKiernan, Gerry. “Digital Textbooks: An Idea Whose Time Has Come.” Workshop presentation given at Biblioteca Internazionale Ilaria Alpi, Parma, Italy, September 18, 2010.

In addition, I also gave a supplemental presentation later that week.

McKiernan, Gerry. “Digital Textbooks: An Idea Whose Time Has Come.” Presentation given at the University of Parma, Parma, Italy, September 20, 2010.

I wish to thank Anna Maria Tammaro, Professor at University of Parma and Coordinator, International Master DILL Digital Library Learning, and Elisabetta Longhi, University of Parma, Tutor, International Master DILL Digital Library Learning, for their kindness and hospitality.

I am most grateful for the generous financial support provided by Erasmus Mundus Programme that enabled me to present.

Links to self-archived copies both presentation are available at

[ http://digital-textbooks.blogspot.com/2012/09/digital-textbook-presentations-parma.html ]

Regards,

/Gerry

Gerry McKiernan