Random & Casual Poll: What abt. Web Services Should You Know?

Michael Schofield mschofield at NOVA.EDU
Mon Sep 10 16:12:20 EDT 2012

Hi everyone,

Every so often in the library blogosophere I see posts dedicated to whether
librarians should know how to code. The answer I usually give is awful -
something like, "Um. Probably." Anyway, since you all work with the web
and/or library systems, I'm curious about your wizened answers. Here's the
scenario: if a LIS student intending to work in web services (or w/e) asked
your advice, what code / platforms / other skills would you recommend for
success?

I'll compile and share the results in a couple of weeks.

All the best,

Michael Schofield(@nova.edu) | Web Services Librarian

Alvin Sherman Library, Research, and Information Technology Center

Hi! Hit me up any time, but I'd really appreciate it if you report broken
links, bugs, your meeting minutes, or request an awesome web app over on the
Library Web Services <http://staff.library.nova.edu/pm>  site.

Web4Lib Web Site: http://web4lib.org/

2012-09-10