Long-Term Access To e-Books ?

McKiernan, Gerard [LIB] gerrymck at IASTATE.EDU
Fri Oct 12 21:11:13 EDT 2012

*** Spoiler Alert > Possible Duplicate Posting ***

Colleagues/

During a recent visit from a rep from Taylor & Francis, I asked about long-term access to its e-book collection ; He was not aware of any effort ...

I have since searched and learned that Portico not only 'preserves' e-journal collections but also e-books >

"Portico is committed to the preservation of digital publications such as e-journals, e-books, and other digital content."

http://www.portico.org/digital-preservation/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/Portico-Lib-Brochure-PDF.pdf

The LOCKSS project seems to be focused on e-journals [?]

http://www.lockss.org/

I'll investigate further ...

As is CLOCKKS  [?]

http://www.clockss.org/clockss/Home

I continue to investigate ....

Are there any other e-book long-term access projects ?

Thanks !

/Gerry

Gerry McKiernan
Associate Professor