Definitions of grid computing and cloud computing?

Drew, Wilfred E CTR USAF AFMC AFRL/RIOI Wilfred.Drew.ctr at RL.AF.MIL
Mon Nov 19 09:06:26 EST 2012

Exactly type of thing I am looking for.  Many thanks.

Bill

-----Original Message-----
From: Web technologies in libraries [mailto:WEB4LIB at LISTSERV.ND.EDU] On
Behalf Of David Whelan
Sent: Monday, November 19, 2012 8:54 AM
To: WEB4LIB at LISTSERV.ND.EDU
Subject: Re: [WEB4LIB] Definitions of grid computing and cloud computing?

I think NIST's cloud definition is quite clear although technical.
http://csrc.nist.gov/publications/nistpubs/800-145/SP800-145.pdf  It's
certainly missing most of the marketing bafflegab associated with all things
cloud.

David.

On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 8:22 AM, Drew, Wilfred E CTR USAF AFMC AFRL/RIOI