Advanced Google Scholar (resolved)

Stewart C. Baker sbaker at CSUDH.EDU
Wed May 30 16:23:08 EDT 2012

In fact, a colleague found the following working link: http://scholar.google.com/advanced_scholar_search?hl=en&sciui=2&as_sdt=0,5

It looks like the &sciui=2 is what needs to be there for advanced search (at least at the moment).  Adding it in to any library Scholar links should fix things.

Stewart
From: ic2riddle at gmail.com [ic2riddle at gmail.com] On Behalf Of Prentiss Riddle [priddle at ic2.utexas.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, May 30, 2012 12:50 PM
To: Stewart C. Baker
Subject: Re: [WEB4LIB] Advanced Google Scholar

When I go to scholar.google.com, there's a link on the lower left labeled "Revert to old venerable look." When I click on that, I see the Advanced Scholar Search link in the usual place by the search box. That link takes me to:

http://scholar.google.com/advanced_scholar_search?hl=en&as_sdt=0,44

No telling whether we can count on that behavior to be stable. Good luck and I'd be interested to hear the final outcome.

Prentiss Riddle
IC² Institute, The University of Texas at Austin
2815 San Gabriel St., Austin, Texas 78705 USA

priddle at ic2.utexas.edu<mailto:priddle at ic2.utexas.edu>
office: +1-512-475-8970  mobile: +1-512-695-7371  Skype: pzriddle
AIM: pztejas   GTalk: prentiss.riddle   Yahoo IM: pzriddle