Is anyone checking out Ipads for in-house use...

A.J.P. van den Brekel A.J.P.van.den.Brekel at MED.UMCG.NL
Thu May 10 11:32:21 EDT 2012

http://www.imedicalapps.com/forum/topic/list-of-libraries-that-loan-ipads

List of Libraries that Loan iPads

Kind regards,

Guus

Van: Web technologies in libraries [mailto:WEB4LIB at LISTSERV.ND.EDU] Namens
Hess, M. Ryan
Verzonden: donderdag 10 mei 2012 16:20
Aan: WEB4LIB at LISTSERV.ND.EDU
Onderwerp: Re: [WEB4LIB] Is anyone checking out Ipads for in-house use...

Hi Lisa,

We have two iPads that we loan out to staff. We use a paper checkout form
that sits by where the iPads are kept. For tracking, we use find my iPhone
which not only plots the location of the iPad on a map with amazing accuracy
(we can often tell what office!), but also allows us to lock the machine
down, send a message to the iPad's screen or have it make a sound. Tracking,
in fact, has been pretty handy as these things have legs.

M Ryan Hess
Web Services Coordinator
DePaul University
JTR 120, DePaul University, Lincoln Park Campus, 2350 N Kenmore Ave.,
Chicago IL 60614
office: 773-325-7829 | cell:  650-224-7279 |  fax: 773-325-2297  |
<https://outlook.depaul.edu/owa/UrlBlockedError.aspx> mhess8 at depaul.edu