Is anyone checking out Ipads for in-house use...

M Teresa Doherty mtdohert at VCU.EDU
Thu May 10 10:45:55 EDT 2012

We currently loan iPads to our students, faculty and staff, for 3 days
at a time ($25 per day overdue fine; repair and replacement fees at
market value). We found out quickly that no, they are not durable, so
consider investing in high-quality protective cases, such as those
available through Otter Box
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAwKdeo02v0). We have 20 in our
inventory at the moment, and they are almost always checked out. They
are available on a first-come, first-served basis (no hold requests).
I'm happy to share more details about our program; contact me directly.

Teresa Doherty

--
M. Teresa Doherty
Head, Circulation and Information Services

Web4Lib Web Site: http://web4lib.org/

2012-05-10