Most U.S. College Students Now Prefer Digital Reading

Cindy gealach at GMAIL.COM
Tue Mar 20 18:04:53 EDT 2012

Agreed. I hope I haven't given the impression that I'm trying to shut down the question. I just don't like when media uses fear of technology to fuel the "change is automatically bad" mentality. I'd love to see an actual study that explores the productivity of studying on tablets vs using regular textbooks. It's definitely easier on the back than carrying around multiple hardcovers.

I'd also be interested in the effect on the eyes. I'm hesitant to upgrade to a newer tablet with a backlit screen because I spend enough time staring at a computer monitor all day. If anyone has any info on research on either area I'd be very interested.