Most U.S. College Students Now Prefer Digital Reading

Sandford, Mark SANDFORDM1 at WPUNJ.EDU
Tue Mar 20 16:53:45 EDT 2012

There's reason to be skeptical of either side of the argument.
Personally, I don't bother looking up words when I'm reading unless it's
vital for understanding precisely because I don't like the distraction.
I'd rather keep reading.  But that's me.  You say you get just as
engrossed on your e-reader as in a physical book.  I do, too.  But I
don't read dry work-related materials on my e-reader, so getting
engrossed isn't that difficult.  Generally, students aren't going to get
engrossed by many of their textbooks, regardless of format.

Do students study as effectively on a tablet as they do with a book?  I
don't know, but it seems like it's worth asking.

Mark

Mark Sandford

Special Formats Cataloger

Cheng Library