Wireless Printing...

Marcus W Davis marc.davis at DRAKE.EDU
Thu Mar 15 15:20:00 EDT 2012

We used PrinterOn for about three years until our campus went to a campus-wide solution.  I found PrinterOn to be easy to set up, nice interface customizations possible, very reliable, solid support.

Caveats:  they were slow (IMO) to include office 2010 formats (but we tend to be rapid adopters); the print job took 30 or 45 seconds to appear at our claim station -- which was more than some patrons expected; not all document formats accepted (although it was better than the campus solution we have now.)

I'd definitely include them when considering your options.

Marc W. Davis   515-271-1934
Cowles Library, Drake University
Mailing:  2507 University Ave., Des Moines, IA 50311 USA
Shipping: 2725 University Ave., Des Moines, IA 50311 USA
http://www.scoop.it/t/academic-library

From: Web technologies in libraries [WEB4LIB at LISTSERV.ND.EDU] on behalf of Kern Mann [kern.mann at RPL.LIB.NH.US]
Sent: Thursday, March 15, 2012 7:36 AM
To: WEB4LIB at LISTSERV.ND.EDU
Subject: [WEB4LIB] Wireless Printing...

Hi,

We've been using an old desktop printer shared wirelessly off an old XP
machine for patrons to print to wirelessly.  How do you manage patron
wireless printing?  What hardware is working for you?  What software
might you be using?  Do you use either of these?

PrinterOn:
http://www.printeron.com/index.php
SPOT:
http://www.librarica.com/spot.shtml