Survey: Technology Skills for Librarians and Library Staff

Burke, John J. burkejj at MUOHIO.EDU
Mon Mar 12 17:44:00 EDT 2012

Please pardon repeated posts.

For a book that I am writing on technologies used in libraries, I am hoping to assemble a list of the most common technologies and/or technology skills used on a regular basis by librarians and library staff members.   I ask you to help me in this effort by taking a brief web survey on the technologies and technology skills you use in your everyday work.  I am very interested in hearing from librarians and library staff members from various types and sizes of libraries.

The survey is available at https://survey.muohio.edu/Checkbox/2012LibTech.survey

It should take about five minutes to complete (depending on how much you'd like to share).  Please be sure to answer every question and to note if a question calls for only one answer.

I will post a summary of survey responses to each of the electronic discussion lists I use to announce the survey.  All replies to the survey are anonymous.

Please complete the survey before March 23.  Thank you very much for your participation!

John Burke

John J. Burke, MSLS                                                      Phone:  (513) 727-3293
Director, Gardner-Harvey Library                            Email:  burkejj at muohio.edu<mailto:burkejj at muohio.edu>
Miami University Middletown                                  Meebo:  infomanjjb
4200 N. University Blvd.                                                Web:  http://www.users.muohio.edu/burkejj
Middletown, OH  45042-3458                                     Text your questions to 513-393-9141

Web4Lib Web Site: http://web4lib.org/

2012-03-12