NYTimes >Internet Archive ’s Repository Collects Thousands of Books

McKiernan, Gerard [LIB] gerrymck at IASTATE.EDU
Sun Mar 4 11:17:34 EST 2012

*** Apologies for receipt of duplicate postings ***

Colleagues/

In a Flood Tide of Digital Data, an Ark Full of Books

As society embraces all forms of digital entertainment, a latter-day Noah is looking the other way. Brewster Kahle, who runs the Internet Archive, a nonprofit, hopes to collect one copy of every book.

... “We must keep the past even as we’re inventing a new future,” he says.

http://nyti.ms/A8oc7Z

/Gerry

Gerry McKiernan
Associate Professor