Free Webcast > There's an App for That ! Friday > March 9 > 1 PM -2 PM CT

McKiernan, Gerard [LIB] gerrymck at IASTATE.EDU
Sat Mar 3 15:24:08 EST 2012

*** Apologies for Receipt of Duplicate Postings ***

Colleagues/

Speaking of Apps ..

/Gerry

Free Webcast > There's an App for That ! > Friday > March 9 > 1 PM -2 PM CT

Applications, or “apps,” can provide an amazing amount of flexibility and interaction for students. The ability for instructors to provide an additional way for students to engage with their content is revolutionizing education. In this session, we will demonstrate apps that we have found helpful for students and faculty members alike. In addition, we will demonstrate apps across multiple platforms.

Note: Pre-registration required

http://tltgroup.roundtablelive.org/FridayLive

Of possible interest ...

McKiernan, Gerry. “Library Mobile: ’B’ is for ‘Blackberry’.” Searcher 18, no.10 (December 2010): 50-53.
Self- archived at: http://www.public.iastate.edu/~gerrymck/B-Is-For-Blackberry.pdf  (23 January 2012).

 McKiernan, Gerry. “Library Mobile: 'A' Is for 'Android'.” Searcher 18, no.7 (September 2010): 7-11.
 Self-archived at: http://www.public.iastate.edu/~gerrymck/A-Is-4-Android.pdf (23 January 2011).

McKiernan, Gerry.  Library Mobile:  “'A' Is for 'Apple' and 'App’.” Searcher 18, no.5 (June 2010): 32-36.
Self-archived at: http://www.public.iastate.edu/~gerrymck/A-Is-4-App.pdf  (23 January 2012).

Regards,

Gerry  McKiernan
Associate Professor