Why and how librarians have to shape the new cloud computing platforms.

Carl Grant carl at CARE-AFFILIATES.COM
Fri Jun 29 12:29:07 EDT 2012

**Please excuse any cross posting.**

I wanted to share with you all a blog post I've done concerning a topic I addressed at the NISO update at ALA Annual in Anaheim;

"Why and how librarians have to shape the new cloud computing platforms."

If you heard the talk at NISO, you can skip this, but if not, I addressed some topics that deeply concern me about the future of librarianship and these new technology platforms and that I strongly feel need to be thought about and discussed by all of you.  I hope you'll find the post informative and provocative and of course, would be delighted to hear your thoughts/responses on the lists, by email or on the blog.

You'll find the post at:

http://thoughts.care-affiliates.com/2012/06/why-and-how-librarians-have-to-shape.html

Have a great weekend.

Best,