RES: [WEB4LIB] Tools to generate access statistics for subscribed online databases

Michelangelo M M Viana mviana at PUCRS.BR
Fri Jun 29 07:42:14 EDT 2012

Hi David,
Many thanks for your reply.

After a quick review, I found that the Raptor is simpler. It is intended only to gather and count authentications (logons) and only report: the total number of authentications, and the number of unique authenticated users.

It seems to me that MetricDocs (*) is the choice. Its purpose is to collect access data from different access log files (Voyager, EZ Proxy, COUNTER), and then create consolidated access reports. According to the developers say, it is used to answer "who did / used x?"

* http://metridoc.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/documentation/presentations/code4libPresentation.ppt

Best regards,

Michelangelo

Michelangelo Mazzardo Marques Viana | Support and Development
Central Library Systems Coordinator. Librarian CRB-10/1306
Pontifical Catholic University of Rio Grande do Sul - PUCRS
Ir.  Jose Otao Central Library | Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil
+55(51) 3320.3544 r. 4371 | mviana at pucrs.br | http://www.pucrs.br/biblioteca